EUFC Academy oversees the management and day to day running of all junior teams (U7 – U16s) associated with Ebbsfleet United FC and the academy programme. offers an extension to this traditional youth football, by offering players aged 16 – 19 with the opportunity to continue their footballing journey in supporting their dreams and aspirations of building a career within the game.
Our academy is designed to aid and support those players wishing to continuing pursuing a career within the game, with programme designed to offer support and guidance in helping to achieve those aspirations through structure training and developmental sessions to help understand the demands and requirements as they progress into adult football.
All players offered opportunity to join our Academy do so, knowing that the programme they will sign up to has been specifically designed to incorporate a football and educational element that is paramount to aid their development.
WHAT TO EXPECT…
Players receive everything you would expect as a modern-day professional footballer:
- Training and games on state-of-the-art playing surfaces – New Training Ground Under Construction
- Compete in U19 Youth Alliance League, Tactics League, Kent Intermediate Cup (U23)
- FA Youth Cup and Showcase Games
- Training Games verse First Team throughout the season
- Opportunities to be invited to train, play with First Team and/or go out on loan to gain first team experience.
- Coaching by fully qualified and experienced UEFA qualified coaches with a vast experience having worked across all levels of the game.
- A fully comprehensive timetable that incorporates both Football and Education which has been designed around their training and games programme.
- Access to Sports Therapist & Physio
- Video Analysis via Veo Camera
- GPS data with access Catapult software
Academy is currently delivered daily from The Steve Cook Stadium (Home of Punjab United FC) Elite Venue, Dunkirk Close, Gravesend, Kent DA12 5ND
Soon to relocate to Kedbull Leisure in Nelson Road Gravesend – images attached of planned redevelopment for 2022
Both locations have good public transport links from London and Kent:
- Gravesend Train Station
- Ebbsfleet International Station
- Gravesend Ferry
- Arriva Bus Service – 483 Stops Directly Outside Venue
Joining the Academy is FREE, the only costs associated to students include:
- Daily travel to & from Academy
- Academy Training & Matchday Kit
- Educational Resources – General Stationary (Pen & Writing Pad)
All students will be given opportunity to apply for a bursary towards these costs and will be advised to apply once they have successfully enrolled.
Students sign up to a full-time academic programme with course options linked to their GCSE results or alternative academic studies with them being able to enrol onto one of the following courses:
- BTEC Level 2 First Certificate in Sport
- BTEC Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Sport in Sports Coaching Development (Equivalent of 1.5 A Levels)
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport in Sports Coaching Development (Equivalent of 1.5 A Levels)
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Gym Instructing & Personal Training (Third Year Course)
- GCSE & Functional Skills in Maths and English
- Minimum of 3 GCSEs Grade A-C or 4 and above in Maths and English
- A minimum of two ID documents to prove eligibility to be educated in England
- EU Students – an in-date passport, birth certificate or national insurance number.
- Non-EU students – must provide visa documents that state your residency details along with a national insurance number.
POTENTIAL PATHWAYS/EXIT ROUTES…
There are many potential pathways open to graduates on completion of their academic journey, which may include but not limited to:
- Scholarship at a Professional Football Clubs
- Contract offer at a Professional Football Club, Non- League or Club with the Football Pyramid
- Opportunities to attend University and/or Football Scholarship within America
- Football Coaching or Career within Leisure Industry.
If you feel that EUFC Academy is the place that you would like to continue developing both as a player and academically, then to secure your place at one of our talent identification days please complete the online registration form.
Once you have registered, all you will need to do is attend, where you will be met by members of EUFC Academy who will arrange for you to complete an initial academic assessment, then take part in a training and/or games session that will allow us opportunity to gain a greater understanding of you both on the pitch and within the classroom.
All players who wish to attend will be required to attend with correct kit to take part in a training session including boots and shin pads with plenty of fluids – changing facilities and showers will be accessible to use after training.
You can APPLY NOW for 2022/23 entry by clicking here.
TALENT IDENTIFCATION DATES…
- Tuesday 26th October 2021 – 10.00am – 12.00pm
- Saturday 18th December 2021 – 10.00am – 12.00pm
- Talent Identification Days will be held at The Steve Cook Stadium, Elite Venue, Dunkirk Close, Gravesend DA12 5ND.